Jailbroken Infinifolders problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jdaniel, Feb 23, 2011.

1. jdaniel macrumors 65816

So I am jailbroken and i have infini folders but even before I had infinifolders on there when I sync on itunes I dont see the folders, I used to be able to before I did a restore now I just see them all w/o folders so I cant arrange them in itunes.l what I see on itunes is not what I see on my phone.

2. chr macrumors regular

3. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

what has this got to do with pirate apps r u daft ?

4. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

5. danetello, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011

danetello macrumors 6502

Lol :D

This happens to me also, but its not a very big problem for me. I can always just re-arrange them on my iPhone instead of iTunes.

6. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

I found the solution... from another site:

1) Open SBsettings (install it via Cydia if you don't already have it)

2) Select Mobile Substrate Addons

3) Turn IconSupport off

What happen is all your folders will be gone. You cant put more than 12 icons in one folders if you have infinifolders from itunes but you can do it from the phone and once you sync it everything will be fine. So basically you have to re-do it once and you're golden.

7. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Whoops. Wrong thread. Anyhoo, regarding your inquiry, any app that messes with the default folder setup will mess up the look/view in iTunes. Infinifolder/FolderEnhancer and, I think, Categories, will mess how your folders look in iTunes whenever you try to sync. As such, you won't be able to categorize your icons through iTunes anymore and you'll have to do it manually on your phone. It is a PITA, yes, I've had to do it as well. Just part of the process I guess. If you have a lot of apps and need to get them into folders, I'd suggest you download MultiIconMover from Cydia as this will make the reorganization of your folders A LOT easier.

8. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

fixed it... wasnt infinifolders. :) Thanks btw will look into multi icon mover

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

I bought infinite folder but once folderenhancer came out I never looked back. Much better with more features.

Features:
    ● Open folders faster.
    ● Add up to 320 icons to a folder (20 pages, 16 per page).
    ● Create folders inside of folders.
    ● Create folders on the dock.
    ● Supports Iconoclasm for custom layouts inside of folders.
    ● Extends MultiIconMover to allow moving multiple icons into/out of folders.
    ● Options include hiding the folder name and wallpaper, as well as disabling animations.

10. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

hate to hyjack this thread but did you remove infifolders before installing folderehancer?

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

Yes of course they do very similar things so no need for both. There is allot people that switched to folderenhancer.

12. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

ya i regret not doing more research i seen a youtube video of top 10 tweaks and the guy had what i know realized was folderenhancer because he was side scrolling the pages in the folder and he was calling it infinfolders so i dowloaded it, but obviously i was wrong

13. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Actually I use Infinifolders because it was faster than folderenhancer. I guess it all has to do with what you install on your phone.