Jailbroken iOS 5 crashes regularly

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by flattopwill, Jan 5, 2012.

1. flattopwill macrumors newbie

I recently updated my iPhone 4 to 5.0.1 and then used redsnow to untethered jailbreak.

Since then it freezes and crashes regularly. Atleast 2-3 times a day it has to be restarted/resprung. Did I do something wrong?
    I installed a few new packages that I didnt have on my 4.3.2 jailbreak. Did I install something new that is causing this?
    Im having regular problems with biteSMS and SBSettings.

Any suggestions? :confused: I'd rather not restore and re-jailbreak because it takes a long time to reinstall all the packages and get the settings the way I like. I used appsync and aptbackup but they didnt work last time.

Thanks

2. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

3. flattopwill thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh I have about 70+ packages....

4. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

i can see why you dont wanna start over...that sucks.

i know springtomize doesnt play nice with others.

5. understando macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have problems too. Freezes up multiple times a day and have to force a restart.

I have: lockinfo, bitesms, my3g, display out, sbsettings, iconoclasm, five icon dock, & 5 icon switcher.

6. kevintech macrumors 6502

I'd try to limit what you packages you have installed. I have maybe 10 packages that I need and my iOS 5.0.1 phone is as stable and fast as stock.

7. deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

I would advice the same thing. Just uninstall the tweaks you don't actually need as most of them are really unstable on 5.X. I used to have around 20 tweaks, now I'm reduced to 5 and I never have a springboard crash or reboot anymore. Luckily you can jailbreak untethered now, because the reboots on 5.0 were hell.

8. TC25 macrumors 68020

And to think some people wonder why iOS is a closed operating system. :rolleyes:

9. teags77 macrumors newbie

Yah, I restored three times before deciding to forget jailbreak for the time. I have actually paid for multiple apps and can't use them because of freeze ups and white apple of death......

P.S. It would be super if a list of stable apps were made somewhere, but I guess how they interact together may be a factor which would be different for just about everyone

10. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

70 packages?! No wonder it's slow or crashing... Damn...

Start one by one, there's no other way...

11. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess

I think we have found the reason! Damn!!!

I have about 10 at the most installed and mine is fine.

12. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I have 30+ tweaks and my iP4 5.0.1 is stable and fast as stock. It's a matter of being selective, and adding stuff individually instead of mass murder. Then you know right away when a tweak is not good for your system without having to delete them all.;)

There is also this google compatibilty reference, which I have found highly useful.

13. philip in al macrumors regular

I had 172 packages on my iPhone 4 (JB on 4.3.3) and it ran perfectly fine. When I updated to 5.01 and JB, I never could get pkg backup to restore properly.

14. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

thru installous?

15. BOSTON702 macrumors newbie

I would recommend sticking to this guide ^^^

70+ packages is ALOT to begin with, I would go through those and get rid of ones you're not using. Also it is vital to make sure that the tweaks you are using are compatible with ios5. I've already learned the hard way that using older tweaks that aren't compatible yet can cause you alot of heartache, and leave you no choice but to restore :mad: