Jailbroken iPad: 2:45 hours of light use = 25% battery drain

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by HXGuy, May 5, 2010.

1. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Used a poker timer app on the my jailbroken iPad tonight and the battery went down by 25% in 2:45. This was with screen brightness at 50%. Wifi was on and connected but not in use.

That equals exactly 11 hours of use if the battery use in linear.

Im thinking of doing a test tomorrow of running Pandora all day with the screen set not to shut off.

2. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

Yea the battery is great! Do the Pandora test if you can. It would be interesting to find out.

3. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

4. HXGuy thread starter macrumors 68000

Oops! :D Fixed it.

5. Mellofello808 macrumors member

Today, my battery life was going down 1 percent every 3 minutes or so. Which while not horrible, is much worse then it was before the jailbreak.

Small price to pay to finally have NPR, last fm, Pandora etc. running in the background.

6. scubasteve03 macrumors regular

I'm not as lucky

I as well jailbroke my iPad with spirit. I was averaging 6.5 to 7 hours only doing some light browsing video and pandora for about an hour. I restored it back to normal this morning because that was not acceptable. The only things I installed were sbsettings and backgrounder. The main selling point for me was the battery life of the iPad, I couldn't tolerate watching the battery life go down so fast. I know 7 hours is still a great for a device like this, but I really got used to the 10-11.5 hours I was getting prejailbroken status. I have the 16gb wifi. Does anyone else have this same problem?

7. HXGuy thread starter macrumors 68000

Were you multitasking?

Jailbreaking in itself shouldnt have any effect on battery life. What does affect it are the programs you are running, running more then one app at once. I'll do a test tomorrow and see what happens. I'm thinking of doing one test not multitasking and another while running two programs at once.

8. melman101 macrumors 68030

Yeah, honestly, I have jailbroken, but not installed any programs, and my battery life is exactly the same, it appears to me anyhow.

9. PsyD4Me macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me

i haven't noticed a decrease in mine and I run 2 things at a time