iPad Jailbroken iPad 2: Advice

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SJC77, Mar 1, 2013.

1. SJC77 macrumors newbie

So about a year ago, I stupidly jailbroke my iPad 2. It was fine but I never really used the jailbreak. I then had to use my iPad to create a film for a class project. After that was all said and done. I went to charge the iPad but i noticed nothing happened. No recognition in itunes nothing! Thinking nothing of it I packed it up. At home I tried again and nothing happened, heres where i got scared. The battery life was at 3% and it wasn't being recognized or charged so i could not remove the jailbreak. I took it to appel who examined it and they advised i remove the jailbreak before It's inspected. I told them why i couldn't and they all decided that because it was jailbroken i couldn't get a new one. So could someone please tell me an alternative way to charge the iPad or what i should do to remove it! (Its full dead now btw) Thanks!

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Sorry to hear what happened, but you really should not have told Apple you jailbroken. The issue sounds like a hardware problem that has nothing to do with being jailbroken, but because you told them, they can now use that as an excuse not to help you. Only thing I can think of is to go to another store, tell them it stopped charging without mentioning that it is jailbroken, and hope they don't have it in their record that you admitted being jailbroken.

Also, did you try charging it from a wall outlet, or from another computer? If you do manage to charge it somehow, then it can possibly be restored to stock. There's a thread discussing how to restore a jailbroken device here:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=603129