Jailbroken iPad 2 - known issues

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by kdesign7, Jul 2, 2011.

1. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

The jailbreak for the iPad 2 has been leaked. Its old news now lol jk jk I just wanted to start a thread so everyone can list off any known issues.

Sbsettings - some people are having an issue installing this as it will freeze while it downloads and installs the activator. I installed another app that uses activator (backgrounder) then tried sbsettings and it worked fine.

Photos App - try to use the SD card adapter results in nothing. Normally the Photos App would recognize the SD card and then displsy the 'Camera' tab within The Photos App... This no longer is the case. Worked prior to the jailbreak. Can anyone else confirm that this doesnt work?

iFile - I recall jailbreaking the iPad 1 and installing iFile and then using my SD Card adaptor (or USB) and it would then appear in the list and you could then manage the files on the SD. This no longer works. Im suspecting that the Jailbreak disabled the adapters in general but im just speculating. Thoughts?

2. At very core, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011

At very core macrumors newbie

I'm having problems with Camera connection kit too , doesn't recognize anything , including iFile

3. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Strange eh. But either way. I'm still pretty frigging grateful for the jailbreak. Comex rocks my socks off.

4. VTEChump, Jul 2, 2011

VTEChump macrumors newbie

MyWi on demand not working for me. Also had to install Activator before SBsettings. Cydia is ridiculous fast with this jailbreak, love it!!

5. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Safari occasionally shows a blank screen when you try to open a website.

6. mcarthon macrumors regular

7. r2fa3l macrumors regular

fakeclockup works flawlessly :eek:
    one of the reasons i mainly jb my ipad

8. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

That's not an issue; that's progress.

9. mcarthon macrumors regular

oh yea of course intallous is absolutely a luxury and not something someone should expect but jus letting people kno it all works until u try to install it on to the ipad 2 it says invalid ipa or whatever blah blah not a big deal tho jus happy i can finally have cydia an my tweaks!

10. TC25 macrumors 68020

What part of stealing apps discussions are not allowed on MR can't you comprehend?

11. getyup macrumors 6502

Nothing like starting a thread to hilight the bugs of a version of software that wasn't meant to even be releases, all the while using it on a device in which it's not meant to be used.

Nope, this won't confuse people when the REAL JB comes out, not at all. LOL

12. getyup macrumors 6502

I'm guessing the type of person who types "jus" instead of just is the type of person who isn't going to understand policy unless he's given a time out, just like he gets when he comes home with a C- in PE on his 9th grade report card.

13. VTEChump macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's called beta testing....LOL.

14. TC25 macrumors 68020

For this stolen version, it is called douche testing.

15. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

i know this is a little unrelated, but i figured this is the thread to post in if i want a quick answer...so would iOS 5 beta jailbroken work fine on my ipad 1?? and where could i download the beta version?

thanks in advance and please forgive my unrelated question...:eek:

16. TC25 macrumors 68020

17. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

18. TC25 macrumors 68020

First time using a discussion forum, eh? See third item.

Things Not to Do

These habits can produce warnings and repeated violations can produce bans.

Inappropriate posting in a debate. The Rules for Appropriate Debate apply when users disagree with each other. We insist on a certain level of respect and civility toward other users, even when your viewpoints differ, and prohibit posts that attack posters personally or serve only to anger others (see "trolling" above).

Useless and one-word posts. Do not bother making posts with only one or two words (e.g., "cool" or LOL) or a smilie, or post simply to have the first reply in a thread. Such posts waste everyone's time and will be deleted. Posts saying "I agree", "+1", "this", "me too", or the equivalent are also routinely removed, so don't post them. If you aren't interested in a thread, skip the thread; don't post to tell us you aren't interested. If you celebrate making the first post in a news thread, your post will be deleted.

Overposting. Making the same post many times, making multiple pointless posts in the same thread, making numerous posts with no real content, or posting for the purpose of gaining a higher post count.

19. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

I hardly think posting a completely legitimate question on two threads classifies as "Making the same post many times" or "making numerous posts with no real content, or posting for the purpose of gaining a higher post count." I am not at all new to discussion forums, and I have never had this kind of problem in any other forum, even when posting a FS ad in 3 relevant subforums.

20. 3dflyboy1, Jul 2, 2011

3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

I hope this is a mutual practice...I certainly try to be civil toward other users.

I do respect your viewpoints:)

21. TC25 macrumors 68020

Lots of rationalization going on in this thread.

22. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

It's a figure of speech... If you want me to always post my statements in absolutes, I'll try, but I can't be sure of everything!!:rolleyes:

23. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

I just found a new bug. Airplane mode does not work. Can someone else confirm this?

24. NunnOtha macrumors member

Yes I can confirm, my airplane mode doesnt work either