iPad jailbroken ipad 4 ios 8.1.2 HELP PLZ

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by stobbsie, Dec 22, 2014.

1. stobbsie macrumors newbie

hi guys im hoping you can help me out ,I have jailbroken my iphone 5s fine but its a different story with my ipads x3 .
    i connected ipad to itunes and upgraded ios then i jailbroke now everything is fine but the storage says used 2.8gb, but the ipad is blank nothing installed at all and says only 9.7gb available.
    ps its a 16gb 4th gen and i have noticed this on the other 2 ipads as well ,
    if anyone can help me out here it would be great thanks

2. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

Take a backup in iTunes, put your iPad in DFU mode and restore. Restore your backup and jailbreak. You just have built up other storage that only a full restore will fix.

3. stobbsie thread starter macrumors newbie

can you be a little more in depth with the steps please

4. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

Sorry...don't really know how much more specific than that I can be. Is there a particular part of that you don't understand?

5. stobbsie thread starter macrumors newbie

hi ok ive already connected and done backup in itunes ,when you say restore does that mean it will put the ipad back to original ios it first ever came with ,and when i run restore back up will that put all my jailbreak back on?

6. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

No. Any form of iTunes restore or update will remove the jail break.

Put your iPad in DFU mode (Google it). Plug it into iTunes. Hit restore. It will restore the iPad to 8.1.2.

When that's finished set the iPad up as new.

Jailbreak.

After that's done. Restore from a backup. This will put all your apps and pics etx back on.

Then put all the cydia tweaks you want back on.

7. stobbsie thread starter macrumors newbie

hi that is how i upgraded to 8.1.2 but without the dfu mode ,i have removed everything from itunes all pics apps

8. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

My suggestion would be to try the DFU mode. It can't hurt and if the issue still persists after then call apple (before you jailbreak).

What does it say is taking up the space in settings-general-usage?

9. stobbsie thread starter macrumors newbie

hi when i look at the storage it says total storage only 11.3gb ???? but should be 16gb ,
    says 2.38gb used in other and 9gb available

10. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

No it won't be 16gb ever. iOS takes up some space. My iPhone 5 total storage is 12.7gb. 'Other' is iOS and all the apps etc that come as stock.