Jailbroken Ipad + External Memory

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kyomagi, Dec 16, 2010.

1. kyomagi macrumors member

Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster.

Got a question. I got a ipad 16gb i got from bestbuy, and it is jailbroken.

I have ordered the official camera kit and want to primarily transfer converted movies (not shot by a camera) for the Ipad but i do have questions.

I have a 64gb thumbdrive filled with movies and books and i have ifile pre installed on my ipad. (iOS 3.2 jailbroken)

I have ifile as well, but i cannot figure out where to copy my video on my ipad so that its seen by the ipad. Would i have to just run the video out of ifile? Will it run fine?

Or do i have to use shay's method?

Thanks

2. kyomagi thread starter macrumors member

3. jim.bright17 macrumors member

Not sure wether this is true or not but I recall reading somewhere the the only external memory you could make work with the camera connection kit was a wall powered external hard drive because the camera connection kit won't send any power to the flash drive in order for it to read. Same goes with a portable hard drive. Hope this helps

4. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

If it didnt send power to read it it would be pretty useless connection kit as that is what its designed for! How else would it read the SD card's you plug into it?

5. kyomagi thread starter macrumors member

i still have 3.2, so it will power the usb stick, 4.2 reduced the voltage output so it would only power cameras and flash cards, I am using a 32gb flash card. if that helps