iPad Jailbroken iPad; no battery, no charge...

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by flyhalf83, Aug 29, 2013.

1. flyhalf83 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Bit of a noob here, so apologies in advance if there is a similar thread to this. I have looked around but can't seem to find a similar thread.

My situation is that I jailbroke(?) my iPad a couple of months back and had no problems with it. I am also fairly certain that the problem that I have with my iPad now - its a 4th Generation iPad by the way.

The issue I have, is that my battery died yesterday evening; no problems. Its happened a couple of times, plus I understand that its good to run the battery down as well every now and then.

So I charged it, well tried to, and then realised that I kept getting a picture of the flat battery (with the red bar at the end) and the plus pointing towards a flash sign. This would happen and then it would cut out again.

I tried the restore trick of pressing both the home button and power button; but nothing changed. I never got the Apple logo up.

I decided to leave it connected to the plug charger over night in the hope that it may change - but woke up this morning and no such luck.

I have tried different chargers/leads/computers you name it in the vain hope that it may lead to a different outcome but so far no luck. I even spoke with Apple themselves to see if they could help (without mentioning that it was Jailbroken of course) and they seem to think that the battery needs replacing.

Am I ok to go ahead with this, is there anything I can do to get it working again? Can I do a system restore before I take it to the Apple store? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. Dav1 macrumors 6502

Really sounds like your battery has failed. If so until you replace the battery there is nothing much you can do. You are not going to be able to replace it in this condition.

By the way your iPad uses a lithium battery, totally discharging it is bad for your battery, then letting it sit in this state for any length of time is even worse.