Jailbroken iPhone 3 problems!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sundogs, Jun 1, 2011.

1. sundogs macrumors newbie

Hi there,
    I have recently posted regarding a supposedly jailbroken phone which I purchased from eBay. Please see my previous post. The seller recommended that I go on jailbrakeme.com and download cydia and then ultrasnow. I still have no network- my carrier is t-mobile uk can anybody recommend what I can do to be able to use this phone, any advice would be very welcome.

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Jailbroken is not the same as unlocked.

If you purchased a jailbroken phone that is not locked to your carrier or unlocked, it is not compatible with your SIM card. If you could provide us with a little more information regarding the firmware/baseband of the phone and what country it was purchased in or what carrier it was originally on, I could offer some insight.

3. sundogs thread starter macrumors newbie

The modem firmware is 05.14.02 and the software version is 4.0 (8A293)

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

The seller has downgrade the firmware on the phone. Baseband 05.14 is for 4.1 firmware. With this baseband, you can't unlock it with ultrasn0w and therefore, you can't use it with your carrier.

It is true that you can use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak your phone (with 4.0 firmware) but you still can't unlock it because of baseband 05.14.

Once you jailbreak, it worths to install fuzzyband and see if you are lucky to have 05.08 bootloader on your phone. If you do, then you will be able to downgrade baseband from 05.14 to a lower baseband so you can unlock it with ultrasn0w.

5. iLoyal macrumors regular

If you run out of option, you can always upgrade to 4.2.1 to jb/unlock with ultrasnow; just that you would have to install iPad BB. Before you take any further action, I suggest you to do a little research.

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Fuzzyband will only work if you have the 3G, I believe. You simply said iPhone "3" so that could either indicate 3G or 3Gs.

Fuzzyband is definitely worth a shot like Crystal said, do this before committing to the iPad bb.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

8. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

lololololololololol :p

9. iLoyal macrumors regular

Stop! I have a factory unlocked level 4 Apple phone.

10. sundogs thread starter macrumors newbie

That's unnecessary.

11. sundogs thread starter macrumors newbie

12. sundogs thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much, I will try this.

13. sundogs thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately it says that I do not have 05.08 bootloader.
    Do you have any other suggestions?
    Seller is insisting that the phone is unlocked and jailbroken to 4.0 but I just can't get it to work.

14. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Download the 4.2.1 IPSW for the iPhone 3G from Felix Bruns Firmware (Google it), and then download Redsn0w 0.9.6 RC17 if you don't have it already, and jailbreak and install the iPad baseband. This will allow you to unlock but you will only be able to restore with custom firmware made with Sn0wbreeze or pwnagetool and your GPS will die. If you're cool with this, it's a viable way to unlock.

15. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

It's nothing personal bro, we just like to poke fun sometimes. We're generally all pretty nice guys/gals. :p