jailbroken iphone 3g 3.1.3 wont start, shuts down automatically

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by patwan112, Nov 5, 2010.

1. patwan112 macrumors newbie

Hi ,I have an iphone 3g, jailbroken running on 3.1.3 firmware. Last night, after trying to open cydia, it crashed. So i googled up "how to fix cydia crashing etc..." so this guy said to go into the root from ifile (/, private, var, lib, apt, lists) and the guy said to delete everysingle file there except for folders, and so i did. and i only had one folder left. I restarted my iphone, and it was turning on. First the apple logo, then the apple logo with a spinning wheel. This spinning wheel would normally freeze, but today it kept on going, and then the iphone shut down. it stays on the spinning icon, for around 1min then shuts down. Have entered DFU mode but no use... Unfortunately, i dont have a computer backup, and without turning the iphone on, i cant use alternative software to back it up...
    HELP!!! :confused:

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You're pretty much screwed now since your iPhone is in DFU. Unfortunately, you have to restore the iPhone and start from scratch.

3. patwan112 thread starter macrumors newbie

non dfu

its not in dfu mode. However, i can enter dfu mode and exit it, and do a normal boot, but it shuts down after around a minute of the spinning logo....:mad:

Any software to backup or enter Iphone SSH when its off? even tethered SSH?

4. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

If the phone won't stay on I don't think you will be able to access the file system. You can always pop out of dfu or recovery mode with a hard reset. You could try putting the phone in recovery mode and use recboot to pop it out and see if she will fully boot but I doubt that will help. Sounds like a full restore is your only option. Sync your phone often to avoid this type of situation as jailbreaking has an inherent risk of needing a restore here and there.

5. patwan112 thread starter macrumors newbie

thnx...

can u sync cydia with itunes? including the jailbroken apps?

6. patwan112 thread starter macrumors newbie