Jailbroken iphone 3G in recovery mode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Frixou, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Frixou macrumors newbie

Hello,

so my jailbroken Iphone was out of battery for a while and when I finally got to charging it, it switched on telling me to connect to itunes and itunes telling me it's in recovery mode.
    First I tried restoring it on Itunes, which apparently shouldn't be done on jailbroken iphones, but got Error code 1015.
    Then I tried using iNdependance, but it doesn't detect the Iphone at all. Then I tried downloadig QuickPwn, which didn't work on my Mac at all. Then I downloaded RecBoot, which detected the Iphone and made the Apple icon appear on the Iphone, then it switched off, but when turned on again, the Iphone is still in recovery mode.
    Redsn0w only opens telling me to select the corresponding IPSW for my current firmware, but I don't know how to do that
    I've also tried several times pressing the power+home button combo, but doesn't work either.

Please help!!

2. neenter macrumors newbie

error 1015

so my jailbroken Iphone was out of battery for a while and when I finally got to charging it, it switched on telling me to connect to itunes and itunes telling me it's in recovery mode.
    First I tried restoring it on Itunes, which apparently shouldn't be done on jailbroken iphones, but got Error code 1015.
    Then I tried using iNdependance, but it doesn't detect the Iphone at all. Then I tried downloadig QuickPwn, which didn't work on my Mac at all. Then I downloaded RecBoot, which detected the Iphone and made the Apple icon appear on the Iphone, then it switched off, but when turned on again, the Iphone is still in recovery mode.
    Redsn0w only opens telling me to select the corresponding IPSW for my current firmware, but I don't know how to do that
    I've also tried several times pressing the power+home button combo, but doesn't work either.

Please help!![/QUOTE]

I am newbie too, but had to restore my previously jailbroken 3g, and was getting the 1015 error too.. it turns out that downloading tinyumbrella worked.. get it downloaded and ready to run, and do the restore through itunes.. when restore is done and you have the 1015 error on screen, dont do anything, just start tinyumbrella, click on your phone on the left side of tinyumbrella screen, and hit "exit restore".. this will kick your phone out of restore, and it will restart and work.. at least it worked for me.. good luck.