Jailbroken iPhone 3G stuck on start up screen today

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Patryk R32, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Patryk R32 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have seen thread how to fix this, but the issue is with the 3.1.3 software.

So my phone for no reason today restarted and will not boot back up.

I have the blackra1n jail break on it.

I can get the phone to go into recovery mode and connect to iTunes but, it only gives me the option to restore it and update it with new software.
    The thing is that the jail break does not work with 3.1.3 so i won't be able to jail break it.

Now another thing,...it says it will erase everything on my phone... I don't have my contacts saved...and i don't know how to check if its saved on iTunes.

I also tried to run the jail break again in recovery mode and the blackra1n screen shows up but it never reboots.

A little help here...how do i get it go on 3.1.2 software? And how do i get it so i don't lose all my data

2. iphonegeek786 macrumors 6502

iphonegeek786

Same thing happened, to me and another user on MR, this is extremely wierd. Its happening to everyone. I restored and now cant unlocked.

3. Patryk R32 thread starter macrumors newbie

So is there a solution here or do i have to just restore my phone and wait till 4.0?

This really sucks. Will i lose all my contacts and text msg's??? And all my APPS?

4. Patryk R32 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well so here is what i finally ended up doing.

i never did upgrade to 3.1.3.

i went to http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ and downloaded 3.1.2 firmware and put the phone in restore mode and when itunes recognizes its in recovery mode hit shift and click restore then find the file downloaded for 3.1.2

5. beckhams777 macrumors newbie

So that means you lost all your contacts and texts and photos?

I am going through the exact same thing, and I know I could restore it, but before I do that I would like to see some other option cause I haven't done a backup in like 5 months!

Please let me know, thank you!!!

6. theframe8 macrumors newbie

yeah, i can't bring myself to restore just yet. there has to be a way!