Jailbroken iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by unsp0ken, Sep 24, 2010.

1. unsp0ken macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS with 3.1.2 firmware. Yesterday, I noticed that my WIFI stopped browsing networks so I messed with the phone a bit and ended up trying to erase all the data, which I now know was a realllly bad idea. Now, my phone gets stuck in the apple welcome logo. With that said, I've been doing research on how I could restore my phone without upgrading. It seems that it is only possible if I had stored by SHSH in Cydia sometime before, which I did not. So is my only option to attempt to restore to the latest 4.x firmware? Or is there a way to restore to my current 3.1.2 firmware.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Without SHSH blobs saved, you can't restore to anything other than what Apple currently allows which is 4.1. There is a slight chance Cydia has your SHSH saved even though you didn't do it.

Re post X per day :D

Try downloading and run Tinyumbrella:
    1) Make sure you Iphone is detected.
    2) check "Advanced Options."
    3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select the firmware version you want to restore to.
    4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer.
    5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes if you wish.
    6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and the firmware you can restore with. If it's not there, you can't restore to it.
    7) Start "TSS server," download firmware file somewhere (google) and restore through iTunes with that file.
    8) If you phone get stuck during the restore process, try "Kick out of recovery..."'in Tinyumbrella.

3. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

You and a bunch of others. After what you have done to the phone and with never having saved your hashes, you have but one choice with a 3GS...current firmware.

Hint: Never throw an erase/reset toggle and always save your hashes.