jailbroken iphone 3gs ios 5.0.1 upgrade to baseband 06.15.00

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by azhian, May 1, 2012.

1. azhian macrumors newbie

Hi there everybody. So I have a untethered jailbroken iphone 3gs on ios 5.0.1. I need a phone to use so I'm thinking about upgrading my baseband to the 06.15.00 baseband that way I can unlock. I don't really mind losing my GPS since my GPS doesn't work at all anyways. So since I don't have the SHSH blobs saved for 5.0.1, I can't restore it and just jailbreak and upgrade the baseband simultaneously so I was wondering if I could just upgrade the baseband and preserve everything else in my phone of if I have to lose my untethered jailbreak and go to ios 5.1. Thanks for reading all that.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Make sure your phone serial number is lower than xx127xxx (using iPad baseband on newer phones can ruin the cellular radio)
    Ultrasn0w is not yet compatible with 5.1 firmware.

3. azhian thread starter macrumors newbie

oo, nice i guess mine's compatible. So that means if i just run redsn0w and only check the install ipad baseband, everything should be fine?

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Why don't you just get it officially unlocked via AT&T?

5. azhian thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you saying they do that now? I called them at first trying that and they said they can unlock everything but the iPhone and to call apple and give that a try. As you can see that didn't work too so I kinda have no choice now. The lady at AT&T even suggested doing a jailbreak unlock

6. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...ocess_accomplished_through_apples_itunes.html

Call them again. If they person you get has no idea then escalate it and ask to speak to the manager. You should be able to get it unlocked fairly easy.