Jailbroken iPhone 4 Bricked? :S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tyranical, Dec 18, 2011.

1. tyranical macrumors regular

I am selling my old iPhone 4, it was jailbroken i'm not sure with what software the one that changes the apple to the skull when you turn it on.

Anyway, I tried to reset to factory settings on the phone to delete all my stuff, it turned itself off etc and now it just turns itself back on, normal apple appears, then the skull appears and then the turning symbol comes on for around 10 mins then turns itself back off and the whole cycle starts all over again. I then tried letting the battery run down in the hopes that once the battery died it would break the cycle, as soon as it has enough charge it starts it all over again... you cannot turn the phone off, it just turns itself back on again and carries on.

I left it doing this for the entire day yesterday and it just carries on doing it.

I tried doing the hard reset to get it to let me connect to itunes to do a backup but can't even do that as it constantly turns itself back on so you don't have the chance to turn it off and then plug it into itunes etc.

Any ideas?

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Here we go again. I have seen this kind of post again and again. This is a common mistake that you have done on a jailbroken iphone, you can only do this on a non-jailbroken Iphone. Since yours is, once you do that it will hang.

So, just put it into DFU mode and Itunes will allow you to restore it to the latest Apple signing firmware which is 5.0.1.

3. tyranical thread starter macrumors regular

If you read the OP, I cannot get it into DFU it isn't possible, i think it may be because the battery is dead and it doesn't charge as its using it as quick as its charging whilst its doing whatever its trying to do.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Let it charge for a few hours.
    If still nothing then its a hardware problem.

5. tyranical thread starter macrumors regular

I can't because as soon as it has enough charge it turns itself on, and if u do a hard reset with it unplugged it doesnt have enough power in it to start up so can't get it to be turned off with charge in to get it into DFU mode.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Let it turn on and off while plugged in. It will still charge.
    Then you gotta get it in dfu restore mode.
    Don't give up or panic.

7. jauhari macrumors regular

jauhari

Yes... just keep your iPhone Charging... and wait for a moment until iPhone have enough power to run DFU mode