Jailbroken iPhone 4.. can I just go ahead and upgrade to 4.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by duelingdragons, Oct 8, 2010.

  1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    May 13, 2007
    Location:
    Orlando, FL
    #1
    I know I'll lose my jailbreak for the time being, but since greenpois0n is coming out on Sunday, I don't really care.

    No harm in it, right?
     
  2. svindal1 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2010
    #2
    I wouldn't risk it, not until its actually posted and confirmed working.
     
  3. Kayan macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2010
    Location:
    CA
    #3
    The only harm that can be done is that the assumption is wrong and they delay the release, if everything else is done correctly. It's simply a choice you need to make, not necessarily something the MR community should debate over.
     
  4. The LPT macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2010
    #4
    if you care about unlocking your phone, you should hold on. Since 4.1 updates the baseband.
     
  5. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2009
    #5
    If you use Tinyumbrella to update, it won't.

    To OP, why can't you just wait until 4.1 JB comes out? The new JB might be delay or has issues. Don't know why people love being guinea pigs.
     
  6. maturola macrumors 68040

    maturola

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2007
    Location:
    Atlanta, GA
    #6
    We don;t know yet what the update path is, be patient and wait, you may get stuck if you don't.
     
  7. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2007
    #7
    Pretty sure they are jailbreaking 4.1, so you could probably do it. Im running 4.1 so hopefully it will :) At this point I think its the bootrom exploit working its magic so OS version doesnt matter up to 4.1.
     

Share This Page