jailbroken iphone 4 facebook issues

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Justinb51, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

Justinb51

I have an iphone 4 that has been jailbroken since the jailbreak came out. as of today I just started having issues with facebook. The issue is that when i click on comments made by others on any post, the comment turns dark blue (as it should) but never opens. i have restarted the phone, deleted the app and reinstalled it, and got rid of the most recent jailbroken tweak that i have downloaded and nothing seems to fix it. has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone know whats wrong and how to fix it? thanks

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

are you talking about safari or the native app?

In the case of the former, try resetting your network settings, flushing your cache etc.

3. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

That's a problem with Facebook's app and their network problems, nothing to do with your phone. Everyone has had bugs with it, jailbroken or not.

4. Justinb51 thread starter macrumors 6502

Justinb51

It's the app from the app store not safari. Thanks for the info!

5. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

The facebook app tends to be buggy as hell no matter what, and it seems like every subsequent update makes it worse. All my friends with iphones (who are completely uneducated about ANYTHING) complain to me how facebook keeps giving them notifications that they already viewed or that they keep getting friend requests that they already denied, etc. Usually it's as simple as force closing the app and restarting, but a lot of other stuff is just plain broken. The app still can't function right if you switch from 3g to wifi in the middle of browsing, etc.

6. vitog123 macrumors 6502

if you installed ipicmycontacts that is the reason for the issues.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    It's got it's ups and downs. Sometimes is horrible and other days it can be tolerated.

8. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac