Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

claire1992

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
i have an iphone 4 and it's jailbroken with cydia for tmobile, 4.01.10; 4.3.5
i tried to reset all settings in order to get rid of all of my contacts/pictures/and music and now it's stuck on the screen where it's a black screen with a little white "processing" icon or whatever it is that is showing that it's in process. it has stayed like this for over an hour now and i'm sure there's something wrong with it. holding the power and home button down doesn't do anything, plugging it into itunes doesn't do anything--it doesnt even recognize the device! What do i do?!!!

please help!

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
You can't use reset all settings on JB phone.

You have to restore, put phone in DFU and ALT-(mac) or SHIFT-(win) restore in itunes

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
How many times a day do we have to say you cannot do an erase all content on a JB device.
It will always get stuck like that.
Now you gotta be very carefull what you do and if you restore and to what firmware cause you might lose your iphone 4 unlock and wont be able to use it on Tmobile any more.
You're using a gevey sim correct?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
How many times a day do we have to say you cannot do an erase all content on a JB device.
It will always get stuck like that.
Now you gotta be very carefull what you do and if you restore and to what firmware cause you might lose your iphone 4 unlock and wont be able to use it on Tmobile any more.
You're using a gevey sim correct?

many, many times....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.