Jailbroken iPhone 4 has trouble streaming all video

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Bandolier, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Be it the mobile version of YouTube, or the YouTube app, or VEVO, Netflix, Hulu+, etc., my jailbroken iPhone 4 can not properly stream videos. It's not the Internet connection, I'm 100% sure of. The reason I know this is because it's a T1 line and I tested the same apps on the same videos on nonjailbroken iPhone 3G, 3GS, and another 4 and had absolutely no problem loading the videos. Here's what happens when I try to stream:

I tap the video to play it.
    The video buffers about 10% of the video and STOPS buffering completely. No, it doesn't buffer slowly. Seriously, it STOPS buffering.
    To fix this, I must press "Done" to close the video and go back to where I was then tap on the video again to play it, press "Done" again and repeat the process maybe 2 or 3 more times before the entire video will load properly.

Downloaded videos (iPod music videos/VLC player videos) work absolutely fine. There's an issue with streaming. I've screen other threads about this exact same issue but they were all dead thread created months ago with no solutions. What Cydia package or tweak or error could be causing this?

iPhone 4 4.1 jailbroken with limera1n

2. monkey28rb macrumors 6502

i have the same problem as well sometimes.. I don't know what causes it.

3. Bandolier thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not sure if it's the culprit but when I disabled 3G Unrestrictor my videos have stopped loading weirdly.

4. Bandolier thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm 99.9% sure it was 3G Unrestrictor. I disabled it then uninstalled it and started using My3G and all the streaming issues are now gone

5. sanderlebau macrumors newbie

Without 3G Unrestrictor or My3G

The problem remains even without either 3G modification program, for me.