Jailbroken iPhone 4 issues. (Frozen apple logo)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by NSXGT, Aug 24, 2010.

1. NSXGT macrumors newbie

I just got my 32g iPhone 4 about 2 weeks ago. After jailbraking the phone, I noticed a couple of things.
    1st: when the iPhone reboots I noticed a little thin LCD light showing through.

2nd: I noticed after jailbraking, I could not sign on to Facebook using app sign on.

3rd: when restoring to factory setting prior to visiting genius bar, my phone got stuck and froze up on apple logo indefinitely.

Lucky for me, the tec at apple was cool and exchange it for a brand new one. Warranty is void on any jailbroken iPhones. After all that trouble, I dont think I'll jailbrake this one it's not worth it.

2. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

1) The two strips of "light" you were seeing were actually the jailbreak code. Nifty, no? It's completely normal though.

2) Not sure what the problem with facebook was, I'd have to know what errors you were getting to help further.

3) Not sure what the restore problem was for you. Should have just wiped it clean.

Jailbreaking (<---- correct spelling, though no one seems to know) isn't for everyone. It's virtually impossible to brick your phone. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

3. NSXGT thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info. Anyways, the replacement iPhone 4 was updated to 4.0.2 by apple salesperson. No way to jailbreak it now. I saved the SSH on my previous iPhone 4 but does no good for my new one?? I'm assuming.

I didn't know the iPhone 4 was so fragile? Backing made of glass. My friend dropped his 2week old phone on dirt pavement and back just shattered.

[​IMG]

iPhone 32g / iPhone 16g/ itouch 64g/ iPad. Will get MAC some day
    93 Formula Red / Black Top NSX Coupe

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

That's why they make cases.

The iPhone 4 minus a case is very slippery and a disaster waiting to happen.

5. iPhoneVic macrumors regular

iPhoneVic

No

Thats why you should drop it... :confused: