Jailbroken iPhone 4 on 4.0.1 no saved SHSH blobs, what can I do?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by NiroshanMan, Aug 27, 2010.

1. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

So when I went to cydia when i first jailbroke my iPhone i accidentally pressed not to save my SHSH blobs (which i know realize is a horrible idea!). So by the time i realized i wanted to restore the phone, Apple had already stopped signing 4.0.1.

So is it correct to understand that there is no way I can restore to 4.0 or 4.0.1?

Can i upgrade to 4.0.2 without any problems though? I saved the SHSH blob for that, but i know the pdf exploit was fixed on that so I wouldn't be able to jailbreak, but can I stick with my jailbroken 4.0.1 for now until a future firmware is jailbroken?

Thanks for any help!

PS - is there anyway I can ask Cydia to ask me if I want to save my SHSH blobs from now on, because I realized its really useful for Saurik to do it automatically then remembering that I have to save them within a few days of a release!

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Without your Blobs you are SOL until 4.1 is released and a Jailbreak for it is make available. Sorry.

You can upgrade to 4.0.2 without a problem, you just can't jailbreak.

Dev team said they are not jailbreaking 4.0.2 so waiting is your only option, Some other hacker "could" step into that plate find a exploit and release it but that would be a douchebag move.

You can use TiniUmbrella to request your blobs for 4.0.2 and it will send them to Cydia servers, them after that it will request all new formware blobs for you

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

There is no reason for you to upgrade to iOS 4.0.2. It does nothing but patch the pdf exploit used by jailbreakme. Just stay where you are.

If you declined the "Make My Life Easier" option, you can still get your ECID on file. Simply use TinyUmbrella to request your 4.0.2 SHSH from the Cydia server. That will get your ECID on file and store your 4.0.2 SHSH on Saurik's server in addition to saving it locally. You'll be all set for future versions.

4. Kayan macrumors 6502

Oh...so using TU to store your SHSH only one time has the same effect as opting "Make my life easier" in Cydia? So if we use TU only once, then it automatically saves any future SHSH without us re-using TU? Cool.

5. NiroshanMan thread starter macrumors 6502

I know that 4.0.2 will do me no good, but my jailbroken 4.0.1 is messed up and a lot of things are not working right so I would have liked to restore it back to a fresh 4.0.1.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

But, as you already know, it is not possible to restore to anything but 4.0.2 without a saved SHSH.

Perhaps if you start a thread to ask about the problem you are having, we might be able to help.

7. xpwj macrumors newbie

i'm kinda of in the same boat, just got my iphone 4 (first iphone btw ;)) it came with 4.0.1, and by the time i figure out need to backup shsh, they say apple is no longer signing it? (as of Aug 27, 2010?) so i can still jailbreak my iphone, just that if anything goes wrong, i just do restore from itune and it'll ask me to update to 4.0.2 is that right? I have backed up my phone with itune, will that be enough to cover.....unfortunately accident from jailbreak? :confused:

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced