Jailbroken iphone 4 on 4.0.1 w/ 1.59.00 BB, need advice

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jnk51, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Jnk51 macrumors newbie

I recently bought a new phone and will not be using this one anymore. What I need advice on is what should I do before selling it? I was thinking of not messing around with installing 5.0.1 and the risk of updating the BB and to just unlock it using Ultrasn0w. I noticed that the current version of Ultrasn0w on Cydia is 1.2.5 and from what I've seen I can still use this to unlock it. If it was your phone what would you do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have been out of the loop for a while. Thanks!

2. vincent.m macrumors member

Sell updated unjailbroken. Don't be a dick. The first time they update it, it will re-lock the phone, and they probably will have no idea why. Then they won't know how to re-jailbreak it and won't have a working phone. Don't take advantage of dumb people just to make yourself more money.

3. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Just update the iphone with a custom firmware bb saved then jailbreak and unlock it.

4. Jnk51 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the input aZia. My intentions are NOT to be a penis that's the reason why I posted this thread so I can receive suggestions as to how I shall proceed.

5. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

restore while preserving BB to 5.01 and let the buyer decide to unlock or not.

6. ninjaw95 macrumors 6502

why? just post it as an soft unlocked phone, bring in another $50

7. Jnk51 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you all for your input. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.