Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjn07005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
So i tried to update my jailbroken Iphone 4 to the new ios and i got an error message saying that an unknown error occurred 3014. Please someone help me ! i have no idea how to fix this !:mad::mad::mad:

Stanyy

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2013
So i tried to update my jailbroken Iphone 4 to the new ios and i got an error message saying that an unknown error occurred 3014. Please someone help me ! i have no idea how to fix this !:mad::mad::mad:

I am surprised that there are no replies to this yet.
in case someone finds this post from a search, it's pretty easy to solve this error. This problem is common to people who jailbreak their iphones without understanding the implications of it. The first step is knowing where your shsh blobs are saved OR if they are not saved at all. 3014 is basically a permission error and commenting out certain hosts from your host file have been proven to fix it see fixing the iphone error 3014 for details.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
I am surprised also, considering the fact, that you are answering to a 3 years old post :)

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I am surprised that there are no replies to this yet.
in case someone finds this post from a search, it's pretty easy to solve this error. This problem is common to people who jailbreak their iphones without understanding the implications of it. The first step is knowing where your shsh blobs are saved OR if they are not saved at all. 3014 is basically a permission error and commenting out certain hosts from your host file have been proven to fix it see fixing the iphone error 3014 for details.
I am surprised that you did not qualify this.

Maybe it may work for an iPhone 4, but SHSH blobs no longer work for the 4s and above. In fact, Apple got rid of blobs altogether with iOS 7. APT Ticket is what is used now. There is no longer any way to go back if you own a 4s or later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.