jailbroken iphone 4 stuck on apple logo

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gnychis, Nov 5, 2010.

1. gnychis macrumors 6502

Hi, I have a jailbroken iphone 4 stuck on apple logo. What is the best way to fix this without completely restoring the device?

Thanks!

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Probably no way, but you can try rebooting (holding the home and power button until the phone restarts) to see if it comes back up.

3. patwan112 macrumors newbie

Jailbroken iPhone 3G 3.1.3

Hi ,I have an iphone 3g, jailbroken running on 3.1.3 firmware. Last night, after trying to open cydia, it crashed. So i googled up "how to fix cydia crashing etc..." so this guy said to go into the root from ifile (/, private, var, lib, apt, lists) and the guy said to delete everysingle file there except for folders, and so i did. and i only had one folder left. I restarted my iphone, and it was turning on. First the apple logo, then the apple logo with a spinning wheel. This spinning wheel would normally freeze, but today it kept on going, and then the iphone shut down. Unfortunately, i dont have a computer backup, and without turning the iphone on, i cant use alternative software to back it up...
    HELP!!! :confused:

4. CZK, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

CZK macrumors 6502a

Here is a solution for both of you.

Click restore in itunes and enjoy.
    ________
    V8 ENGINE

5. patwan112 macrumors newbie

any ways without restoring? or backingup iphone when its off?

6. CZK, Nov 5, 2010

CZK macrumors 6502a

Keep trial and error until the end of the times if you like it.
    ________
    Lamborghini Lm001 Specifications

7. gnychis thread starter macrumors 6502

That wasn't a solution to my question

8. CZK, Nov 5, 2010

CZK macrumors 6502a

Answer: There is no solution, way too many factors could be in cause. Unless you give us alot more specific details or you know what might have caused this, i suggest to restore it or simply put it back in the box and forget about it.
    ________
    Toyota sv-3