Jailbroken iPhone 4 Time & Date problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gblax, Aug 11, 2010.

1. gblax macrumors newbie

Hi all- I seem to be encountering a weird problem on my jailbroken iPhone 4. After installing both MyWi and My3G (via the elpelle6 hack), everything works fine and I can tether and FaceTime over 3G successfully. The problem is, after running one or both of these programs, the time and date seem to randomly reset to July 15th 12:00AM.

I have the phone set to "Set time and date automatically." Turning this off and entering them manually seems to resolve this problem, but I'd rather leave it on in the event I travel to a different time zone. The other items I have installed via the jailbreak are LockInfo, Activator, 5-icon dock, and Installous (with a few app store programs and games).

Anyone experiencing this problem, or have a possible solution? Thanks!

2. Lifesuxsbad macrumors regular

Lifesuxsbad

Same here

I am having that same exact problem. Not sure what the deal is.

3. Gjeepguy macrumors regular

that is the inherent problem with jailbreaking... quality control.

4. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

You'll get none of those issues if you use legally purchased versions of the apps you mentioned. The so-called "hack" you speak of is the culprit.

5. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

This. It's quite clearly the hack you used with your pirated app.

6. gblax thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, fair enough, point taken. I guess that's the price you pay for going the illigitimate route. I plan on restoring and buying the real versions of these apps and see if it solves the problem.

7. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Yeah the app crack probably uses some kind of date hack to make MyWi think it's a permanent trial.

8. Teskox macrumors newbie

I have a unjailbroken iphone 4 which randomly set its date to jan 1st , 1970 overnight ... so don't be so quick to attack the jailbreak or cracked/unofficial apps ...

9. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

this happened to me. I turned the auto clock set off/on and the correct date and time showed up almost instantly.