Jailbroken iPhone 4 w/ iOS 4.3.1 won't restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Yousty, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Yousty macrumors newbie

I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 w/ iOS 4.3.1 and I'm trying to restore it back to stock 4.3.1 so that I can give it to somebody who wants to unlock it. I plug the phone into iTunes 10.5.1.42 and then I hold the shift key when I click Restore and then I choose the iPhone3,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore.ipsw file. iTunes will unpack the file and then it gets to the Verifying with Apple Servers step and I get the following error:
    "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194)."

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Do you have 4.3.1 SHSH blob save for this phone? if not, you can't restore it to this firmware because Apple has stopped signing it. That the reason you receive 3194 error.

3. Yousty thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I don't think so. Is there anything I can do to restore my phone to stock without losing the ability to unlock (i.e. not to 5.0 or higher) or am I out of luck?

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

I assume you are talking about Gevey sim unlock and you do not want to go above OS5 because baseband will upgrade to 04.11 and therefore, Gevey sim will not work.

Your only option is to cook a customs a 5.0.1 firmware and restore to this firmware. Let's try that and see what you get.

5. Yousty thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually I have no interest in unlocking the phone, but I know the person I'm selling it to does. So really my only goal before I sell it to the person is to get all my personal data/info/apps off of it without upgrading the baseband. So what would be the best way of doing that? I tried the Erase All Content & Settings in the Settings section on the phone, but I just got a spinning wheel for 2 hours.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Erase all content and setting only work for non-jailbroken phone. Yours is jailbroken and when you do that, it will hang.