Jailbroken iPhone 4s ringtone issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jpinn, Apr 3, 2012.

1. jpinn macrumors newbie

Apr 3, 2012
    Hi everybody, I am new to the forum here and am having one small problem with my jailbroken iPhone 4s
    I would like to have a custom ringtone for certain contacts, but it only uses the default.
    This happens to the built in ringtones and not just ones I have created.
    It will use another ringtone if I change the default, but not for individuals.
    I am running iOS 5.0.1
    Thanks for any help
  2. HickDead macrumors 6502a

Dec 2, 2011
    IF you have a JB app called Call Bar, then this is a known issue/bug. The developer's have been aware of this issue with custom ringtones not being individually assigned but thus far have not addressed it (nor apparently have any issues to fix it anytime soon).

If you don't have "Call Bar" installed, then disregard the above and it might be another app/tweak that is causing this for you.
  3. jpinn thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 3, 2012
    I do not have callbar installed.
    It may be another tweak so I am trying some things, but if anyone else has suggestions please let me know.
  4. jpinn thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 3, 2012
    I tried iwipe and was unsuccessful. I did however get it working in safe mode, therefore an app is causing this. The following are my installed apps.
    activator, bitesms, folderenhancer, iBlacklist, iFile, Installous 4, SBSettings
    Could any of these be the issue?
    Thanks again for the help.