Jailbroken iPhone 6 Extreme Data Usage

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Canehdian_guy, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Canehdian_guy macrumors newbie

Canehdian_guy

Hey everyone,

I've had two separate jailbreaks on my iPhone 6, first with 8.01 (I think) and then the 8.3 jailbreak. A 10 minute trip using Google Maps will use up around 500MB of data, and browsing seems to chew up way more then before.

Could this be due to the jailbreak, or do the iPhone 6's use up exponentially more data then the previous generations?

Thanks

2. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

If you are able, use wifi as much as possible, if you are concerned about data usage. I'd also turn off LTE in Settings so you use 3G instead.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

While my iPhone 6 uses more data, I'm not sure this is entirely unrelated to your jailbreak. Are you looking at overall data use for that time period or are you sure it's all the maps?

4. Canehdian_guy thread starter macrumors newbie

Canehdian_guy

Thanks for the tips and replies guys. I'll try switching to 3G.

In pretty sure it's the maps. I have had a few trips first thing in the day, and mid trip I will get a data warning.

Another example is that I've had cellular data shut off, but turned it in momentarily to search up somebodies name on Google. Although I only had data turned on for 30 seconds it used 60 MB.

5. MattXDA macrumors 6502

MattXDA

Not normal at all. My data used to be capped at 1GB so I know how much apps use. Maps should never be using that amount of data in normal usage.

6. bushido Suspended

bushido

i have been using maps a lot this month and it only used 68,9mb since the 9th of august