Jailbroken Iphone boot logo

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jarbilong, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Jarbilong macrumors newbie

I've been trying to find answers for this for a few days, thought I'd try here.

I recently Jailbroke my Iphone using RedSn0w and later Greenpois0n, and its been working fine except the boot logo stuff is bugging me. I've got a custom animated bootlogo but the normal apple logo always pops up first regardless of the animation i'm using. It then progresses to the animation.

Is it supposed to do this, is there a way to get the iphone to use the custom bootlogo without the apple logo first? It's the same for redsn0w and greenpois0n (I unbroke and the rebroke).

Iphone 4,
    Bootlogo, animate and animate fix installed

Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

2. marceljj macrumors newbie

Dude, first of all, what iOS are you running? Like 4.x.x, if you're using animate? If so, upgrade, please. Don't take this the wrong way, but you've been searching for DAYS just because the custom boot logo doesn't show up until later in the process? Wow, man. Just saying, don't bother looking, because I think I know why this happens. I'm assuming your device is untethered, no? I'm pretty sure that each time a jailbroken device boots up it, by default, loads the apple kernel, i.e. unjailbroken, and only later during the process the kernel is jailbroken. And I think that it stays the default logo until the kernel is jailbroken. So, sorry man.