Jailbroken iPhone Broke!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dima470, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Dima470 macrumors regular

Dima470

Ok. So I have an iPhone 4 AT&T and i recently jailbroke with JailbreakMe 3.0 on 4.3.3. It was running fine untill uI decided to install custom boot animations wish redsnow RC 16. So the proccess went well, perfectly fine untill when it was complete then it rebooted. It was stuck on the apple logo forever. I don't mind restoring from a week old backup but can someone tell me why this happened?

2. CubusX macrumors 6502

Issues

There were issues with the jailbreak inital release. I think some kernal issues on iPhone as well. I'm running 4.28 (iPhone on Verizon) and the update that was released bricked my phone as well.

3. Dima470 thread starter macrumors regular

Dima470

Redsnow Bad?

So i shouldn't use redsnow anymore? Is there another way to get custom boot logos if you jailbreak with JailbreakMe3.0?

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

It it really worth jailbreaking for a lousy boot logo?

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I think it was the bootlogo that was the problem. I've only ever used RedSn0w for jailbreaking and installing Cydia, and it never bricked my phone or my iPad. The worst thing it has ever done was fail while the phone was in DFU mode. All I had to do was restart the program and it finished without any more incidents.

6. Dima470 thread starter macrumors regular

Dima470

I didn't jailbreak just for the boot logo. I used JailbreakMe 3.0 and thought that maybe I could use redsnow to get the custom boot logo. But I didn't think it would cause this...

7. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Try using RedSn0w for both next time and see what happens.

8. Dima470 thread starter macrumors regular

Dima470

Next time I'll just use JailbreakMe 3.0 and stay away from Redsnow all together.

9. Interstella5555, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

If I had an iPad I'd JB in a second, but potentially causing problems and instability with my primary (and only) phone just doesn't seem worth it.

10. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I wouldn't have had much of an issue with it if I didn't have several hundred dollars worth of iBooks that I basically couldn't use.

11. MiRod407 macrumors member

Theres your problem in bold. You ran two jailbreaks on your device. Jailbreak me and redsnow are good jailbreaks but not when you run one over the other. Next time if you want to jailbreak with jailbreakme.com you can, but on Cydia there is a a tweak to add the custom boot logos.