Dellfanboy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Hi,

I recently downloaded "My Profiles" from Cydia and it screwed up my iPhone. The main problem is EVERY app I open including settings opens in this tiny window. I can't ssh because I don't know my IP address since I can't turn on wifi. I'm in serious need of help. Macrumor friends and my dear family. HELP ME PLEASE. Every app I open looks like this:

9kcjeb.png

----------

Is there a way I can force the phone into safe mode? I tried about 10 hard resets.

Dellfanboy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Any other tips? I really need to keep this jailbreak. It's life or death almost. Not really but I'd love to keep the jb.

Comment

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
I doubt it, think he got a 4S but let me call Miss Cleo to make sure:D
:D,The only reason I say it is a 4 is because I had the same tweak installed I had the same glitch but this never happend on my old 3gs.The way i fixed it was by restoring but apple was still signing the 4.3.3 firmware so I did not lose my untethered jailbreak.

EDIT:FYI I am on 5.0.1 right now.

Comment

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
I had the same issue with my iPhone 4. I was able to get it in safe mode, and then go through Cydia and selectively uninstall what I though was causing it (or the last think I installed).

Pretty sure there is a way to fix it without restoring, don't give up just yet.

Comment

Dellfanboy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
This is a mobile substrate issue. Reinstall it

You do realize I cannot get into any apps currently. Explain how I can resinstall it without accessing cydia?

----------

I had the same issue with my iPhone 4. I was able to get it in safe mode, and then go through Cydia and selectively uninstall what I though was causing it (or the last think I installed).

Pretty sure there is a way to fix it without restoring, don't give up just yet.

Tell me HOW TO GET INTO SAFE mode please....

Comment

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Comment

EngageWithRage

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2012
Your girlfriend's house
Wifi is NOT on. :( I dont know why i turned it off! Can I ssh without wifi?

If you have installed something and need to uninstall it without losing your jailbreak/can't get into your phone to do a traditional uninstall, you can always do the following:

Download/Install iFunbox http://ifunboxmac.com/

Plug in your phone via USB and open up the SSH Terminal Window

You need to know the package name that you installed "com.XXX.xXX" and run the following command:

apt-get --purge remove (source name)

then type in "reboot" in the command line to reboot the phone

-------
Now if you want to reinstall Cydia without re-Jailbreaking this can be done also, not sure of your knowledge level regarding Jailbreaking etc, I had some trouble on my end but had a package jack up my phone and was able to fix it by manually removing the package and reinstalling Cydia. I do have some issues with my iMessages and Facetime after the fact, but I never use those anyway, so I can live without it until the 5.1 jaibreak comes out.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.