Jailbroken Iphone Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by HayleyK, Jan 15, 2011.

1. HayleyK macrumors newbie

I'm new to this iphone stuff but here's my problem. My dad brought himself the iphone 3gs last year and took it to some guy to have it jailbroke in order to use a Swiss ( where he was living at the time) pay as you go sim in it. Due to this jailbreak the phone can not be turned off else all the data is lost.
    I was given this phone recently and am currently using it on a pay as you go sim in England.
    I was wondering if there is any way to reverse this so i can turn my phone on and off without losing data and i am also having problems with the push notifications and cant use apps that i would like to.
    Is there any way that I can fix this problem ? The same guy that jailbroke it says no but i was wondering if anyone else can help.
    Thanks x :)

2. kraunsky macrumors member

Hey,
    Depending on what JailBreak was done, there are a few things you do to fix this... I JailBroke my iPhone using redsn0w, and afterwards installed SAM, which fixes the Push Notifications problem, I then installed Ultrasn0w from Cydia, and I was able to use any sim card in it. Here is the video I followed:
    http://www.youtube.com/v/HOIpwIzimw4

Cheers.

3. HayleyK thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, I really have no idea what im talking about as far as iphones and jailbreaks are concerned, is this easy to do ?
    If my iphone turns off i loose everything, and have to go back into black rain to restore it. don't know if this is relevent to the whole process.
    If i do follow the video that you have posted will this fix the turning on and off problem or will this just allow me to get the apps i need through fixing push notifications.?
    Cheers x

4. noiceT macrumors 6502a

First off, good job on starting a new thread, however...you started the thread in the wrong forum...(^^);;

Since you're asking about jailbreaking or "hacking" you should post in the "iphone hacks forum"

Also what is your baseband? Go to General/About/Modem Firmware

And what computer are you using: Mac or PC?

There are a lot of options for you to jailbreak and unlock in regards to where u are. Follow iclarified tutorial: (follow the jailbreak wizard)

http://www.iclarified.com/jailbreak/index.php