Jailbroken iphone not coming out of reset mode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by harleyzangel, Dec 24, 2010.

1. harleyzangel macrumors newbie

I bought this phone from someone off ebay, they send the phone to me with all of their information in it, I go into settings and reset the entire iphone, that was an hour ago and now the apple stays on the screen for long periods of time, then disappears and reappears. HELP! It is a jailbroken 3gs. Merry Xmas All

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Jailbroken iPhones will get stuck on the Apple screen if you hit "erase all content and settings" <--You never want to do that.

Now put your iPhone in DFU mode (hold down the power and home buttons for 10 seconds, then release the power and hold down the home for 5 seconds). Restore your iPhone in iTunes.

3. harleyzangel thread starter macrumors newbie

Itunes does not Recognize

I did what you told me to do Greek and itunes is not recognizing my iphone. Help!!!

4. harleyzangel thread starter macrumors newbie

Merry Xmas Greek

Happy Holidays to you and Yours

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Keep doing it until iTunes picks it up. Eventually you'll see an iTunes logo and USB cord on the iPhone. iTunes will then say the iPhone is in recovery mode.

6. harleyzangel thread starter macrumors newbie

Not working

Hi Greek, this is not working what else?

7. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Was it really DFU mode? Screen should be black. Little tricky to get into the first couple times but youtube has some vids.

8. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Yes, restoring the iPhone will remove the unlock and jailbreak.

9. harleyzangel thread starter macrumors newbie

What do I do now?

Greek, I thought you were telling me to restore this phone all this time, what now?

10. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

For recovery mode:

Unplug the iPhone.

Make sure iTunes is open on your computer

Hold the HOME BUTTON (it is the button on the front)

Do not let go of the home button, plug in the iPhone to the computer with the white cord. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT LET GO OF THE HOME BUTTON WHILE PLUGGING IT IN!!

Now it should be in recovery mode.

Option 2: DFU. I've literally done DFU over 60 times so listen up. Plug in your iPhone to your computer

Hold the sleep/wake (that's the top button) and the home button at the same time. When you see the screen turn off, wait 2 seconds and let go of the TOP BUTTON WHILE HOLDING THE HOME BUTTON STILL. After about 10-15 seconds your phone will be in DFU mode and the screen will be black.

11. harleyzangel thread starter macrumors newbie