Jailbroken iPhone question -

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by flamechick, Dec 18, 2011.

1. flamechick macrumors newbie

I got a used JB iPhone for Christmas last year. I believe it is an original first generation iPhone, which I don't know what you'd call it, I'm not savy on that. But anyway, I havent done much to it as far as downloading apps. I can only download very few apps from the app store as most of the require the 4.0 update (it tells me something like that when I go to download, and its says no)
    I am using it on Tmobile, and have the internet working, so generally the phone is good. My husband keeps bugging me to get a new phone, an android, but I just don't want to, I feel it would be a waste of money since we r always broke. I would really like to keep my iPhone, and if I can figure out how to fix a couple of things that bug me. like the ringer, I can only hear the cricket ring tone, everything else is so quiet I can never hear it ring.. and the inability to download newer apps.
    is there anyway for me to "fix" these 2 "problems"?
    and if there are fixes, are they something that I would be able to figure out, or would I just crash and burn my phone?

Thanks for reading

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You can't update the 2g (1st gen) iPhone to ios4. So your stick there!

As for the ring tone issue the 2g had a very quiet speaker. There was a cydia hack that allowed you to turn it up a little more but it was so long ago I can't remember the name of the app

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

honestly I think it's time for a new phone I love my iPhone but comparing the original to what's out there. Well I think it's time to retire. I know your on a budget but you can get plenty of good phones with little or no out of pocket. Also it might not be worth jb and unlocking for you.