Jailbroken iPhone - Restore Error Readings after Removing WinterBoard

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by NewMacFan2011, May 25, 2012.

1. NewMacFan2011 macrumors member

I have an iPhone 4S and jailbroke it a while back. I just used the new jailbreak and everything was going fine. I deleted Winterboard and all of a sudden the phone locked into a constant respring. I don't think it was a reboot because it would show the "working" symbol and then my unlock screen for 2 seconds and repeat. I tried plugging it in to iTunes to restore and I get unable to restore messages. I've gotten 2 so far 1600 & 21. I know nothing about computers and had followed the easy tutorials because my friends said it was so easy. I have read about SHSH Blobs and thought I used Tiny Umbrella to back them up. I didn't really know why I was doing it or even if I did in fact save them. I need some help, as you can tell I am kind of frantic right now.

2. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

3. NewMacFan2011 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, I should have mentioned I have already tried that. I keep getting Error 1600 or 21. I have been researching a lot and I keep seeing "Firmware issues" as the main problem here.

4. macinmac macrumors member

macinmac

you have that 1600 Error because of this :

[​IMG]

Just " UNCHECK" Set hosts to cydia on Exit...and you will you will not have that problem anymore.

5. NewMacFan2011 thread starter macrumors member

I uncheck this and do what? Sorry for the stupidity but I want to make sure i don't mess anything else up. I downloaded Tiny Umbrella prior to my restore before I did the current jailbreak but I don't know if I actually saved anything on Tiny Umbrella.

6. NewMacFan2011 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the support guys. I tried everything you suggested with no results. I had read what you guy suggested in other blogs too. I don't know why it didn't work.
    But I decided to drive down the street to my office and plug it into a different computer (PC) and restore on that. WORKED LIKE A CHARM. I'm telling you I almost had a heart attack during those 4 hours.:):):):D

7. macinmac macrumors member

macinmac

you only had to uncheck that box and close tiny umbrella.
    glad you made it but you will know at list next time.