Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iknownada

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
okay so i jail broke my iPhone 4 and i felt too breaking-the-law-y so i went to undo the jailbreak by restoring my phone and it wouldn't let me. So I figured it'd be a system update problem. I tried to update the system, and it wouldn't let me do that either. Frustrated, I used the FindMyiPhone app to wipe the data from my phone and start fresh... that was dumb. Unfortunately, my phone froze at the point in restoring/wiping where it's a circle spinning around and it's been like that for 2+ hours. Aghhh!! Help!!! :( :( :(

Iknownada

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
Thank you! Okay, so that got it out of the black spinning circle and now when i try to restore it with iTunes it says "The iPhone could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build". I'm freaking out, is there anything I can do at this point? Thank you so much!!

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Restore it to iOS 6. Also remove any lines in your hosts file that has apple.com in it. Use Google to find out how to check your host file and remove the lines. Once the lines are gone, restart your computer. Or you can try restoring it on another computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.