jailbroken iPhone to factory unlocked

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by itsmacadmin, Dec 5, 2010.

1. itsmacadmin macrumors newbie

hi guys is it possible to set a jailbroken iPhone to factory unlocked iphone like use-within all country i dont want to use jailbreak but the problem is that i have software unlocked iphone so do i need so perches some-sort of pin or something that can turn it into factory unlocked i dont use any sort of craked apps so what hell why use a software unlocked phone is it possible or not

2. TheMacBookPro, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010

TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Depends where you live. US, no way. UK, call your carrier. Other places, call your carrier and ask.

3. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

If you're in the UK on O2 they will unlock a contract phone at any time for free (you still have to fulfil your contract). If you are on pay as you go it costs £15 and you lose your free Internet bonus that you get for a year when you first sign up.

4. Constantine1337 macrumors 6502

"Factory Unlock" is a server-side setting. This is the tag your iphone has on apple servers. Therefore only apple can set it to "factory unlocked".