Jailbroken iPhone users - How stable is your phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcde7ago, Aug 16, 2008.

1. jcde7ago macrumors 6502

jcde7ago

Hi guys,

This is for the people with jailbroken iPhones...as the thread title states, how stable is your phone, overall? I am talking about navigating home screens, opening menus/settings, running apps...is it as smooth and as fast as non-jailbroken phones? I ask this because i know a few friends with jb'd iphones who have a significant amount of lag when opening up settings and running apps.

Since the iPhone runs "a stripped down version of OS X," i would think that, as cool as having Summer/Spring/Winterboard themes running that it would just hog resources and slow things down to a degree, much like a normal desktop OS consumes a little bit of resources when you choose to display a custom desktop background. I would imagine that having a custom home screen background, custom icons, as well as other custom settings would just bog the iPhone down compared to a non-jb'd phone.

How are you guys' (jailbroken iphone users) experience with your phones been?

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

I've had my jailbroken iPhone for almost half a year now... it's never crashed on me or shown any instabilities whatsoever. Maybe I'm lucky in that regard, but my experience with jb'ing has been positive both times I've done it (once on an iPod touch that I sold, the other time on my iPhone)