iPhone Jailbroken iPhone4 bring more joy than non-jailbroken iPhone5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by braddick, Jul 14, 2013.

1. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I sent my iPhone 5 out for modification awhile back and used my iP4 during the duration.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and with my iP5 returned was happy to pop my SIM back into it and go about my business. Sure, it is sleeker/faster/brighter/whatever but in all honesty- I missed the iP4 jailbroken to such a remarkable degree, went back a couple of days later and placed the SIM back in.

I have my iP4 set up perfectly, for me. I ran iCleaner Pro and it runs like a charm.
    I have %Hook installed so the feel is faster (even more so than the 5).

My theme suits me just fine and little additions like "Fast Photo" and other tweaks that customize the full experience of using my iPhone make using it a joy, even over that of the iPhone5!

Anyone else simply shrug at the suggestion that although the iP5 is sure enough a 'better iPhone' the simple joy of using a jailbroken 4 is sublime?
    [​IMG]

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Any jailbroken device trumps stock for me--even if the stock device is newer. I've held onto my iPhone 4 as a "just in case" device for that reason; if something happened to kill the jailbreak on my 5, I'd probably go back to the 4 until the next JB came available.

Nice theme, what is it?

3. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

That's why I haven't updated to a 4S or 5. That bottom exploit means I will ALWAYS have at least a tethered jailbreak. That insurance isn't there with a newer device.

4. braddick thread starter macrumors 68040

braddick

And with SemiTether installed, even if my iP4 goes into a boot, it functions mostly outside of Cydia and a few apps...

The theme is Laguna HD.
    There is also a version designed specifically for the iP5 and another for the iPad.

Couple more screen shots with this theme:
    SBSettings:
    [​IMG]

BiteSMS:
    [​IMG]

5. plainwhitetay macrumors regular

I made the (I realize now, absolutely TERRIBLE) mistake of trying iOS 7 on my iPhone 5, and giving up my jailbreak. I'm now back on iOS 6.1.4 on iPhone 5 and missing the jailbreak VERY much. I've been seriously considering going back to my iPhone 4 as my daily so I can have a jailbreak again.
    You really say the speed decrease isn't painfully bad and any other features you miss from the 5?

6. braddick thread starter macrumors 68040

braddick

^
    Not painful whatsoever, but please keep in mind: I have terrific AT&T reception here- four bars, sometimes five on a regular basis.

Make no mistake, LTE is lightening quick but after a day I don't notice it much and even to a lesser degree, care.

7. plainwhitetay macrumors regular

I'm so happy to hear this. Is your 4 running iOS 6? I'm also up in the air between going WAY back to iOS 5 or just sticking w/ 6 if I go through with it.

8. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

What font is that for biteSMS? Looks nice and neat

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

After having used my iPhone 5 for a couple of days (stock, before the jailbreak was released) I could never go back to my iPhone 4 since it was so S-L-O-W compared to iPhone 5.

10. braddick thread starter macrumors 68040

braddick

The Font is Neutraface, comes with the theme and is applied via Bytafont.

My iPhone4 is running 6.1.3

11. plainwhitetay macrumors regular

Just realized this: how did you put the SIM card from the 5 to the 4?

12. braddick thread starter macrumors 68040

braddick

^
    Thin plastic SIM adaptor, picked up off of eBay.

13. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I have a jailbroken iPad Mini, a iPhone 5 on iOS 7 beta, and a iPod Touch running stock, I think I have the best of 3 worlds.

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I agree with everything the OP said, except that it applies to my jailbroken iPhone 5.

I have nothing to go back to except an HTC Touch Pro. :rolleyes:

15. ARSkemp macrumors 6502

The only thing that would keep me from going back is LTE. 3G performance has never been that great in my area and LTE made a world of a difference.

16. plainwhitetay macrumors regular

Welp, tried it tonight and immediately back to the 5. The 4 was just way too slow at what I'm now used to being fast, basic tasks. Why did iOS 7 have to be so tempting for me... :(