Jailbroken iPod 3 Gen help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BryanI305, Jun 14, 2015.

1. BryanI305 macrumors newbie

BryanI305

I had my iPod Touch 3rd gen jailbroken to use the mirroring option at work. I have since been able to get a 5th gen (via work) so I'd like to restore my 3rd, which is my personal device.

As such, it's full of music. Unfortunately, the computer which I had used to upload all of the iPod's music has become unusable. All of my music is currently and exclusively stored on that iPod (except for purchased iTunes ones, obviously).

Naturally, I would like to have all my music stored on my new computer's iTunes and also only iPhone. However, the only way to sync my music is for my iPod to not be jailbroken. And the only way to undo the jailbreaking is to restore my iPod, which would lose all non-purchased items.

Advice?

2. any-key macrumors member

You have a couple of options to get to your files. If your are familiar with Terminal and a few basic Unix commands you can connect your iPod to your local WiFi and use SSH.

You can also look for third party software to copy the files. One app I used in the past with my Jailbroken devices was this. Google is very helpful to look for easy to use tools :)