Jailbroken iPod touch 1G wont recognize that cable is connected, more info in thread

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by 7thcolumn, Jun 18, 2009.

1. 7thcolumn macrumors newbie

Well 2 days i had plugged my iPod touch in the cable to charge since it was at 10 percent. When i plugged the cable in, my iPod did not show any indication that it was charging.thinking that maybe the cable was broken, i tried it to connect it to the PC with a different cable, and it still didnt show any sign of charging, and iTunes didn't acknowledge that an iPod has been connected.

As far as i was concerned i had done everything to try to get it back including reseting it and deleting mass amounts of applications to try to see if it would work again (which it didn't)

Now heres the part where i am a very stupid person, I decided to erase everything so that i can bring it to an apple store and so that they can fix it without them knowing it was jail broken. I pressed the erase all button in the reset option and after it erased it stuck at the startup lgo, which is the quickpwn pineapple. Now i cant bring it to the apple store with the pwnapple, or theyd see that it was jailbroken and they wont fix it.
    WHAT DO I DO? D:

Recovery mode or DFU mode or whatever its called doesnt work D:

2. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

almost the same thing happened to my 1G iPod touch. it wouldnt charge and iTunes wouldnt read it. i just left it plugged in for 3 days straight and it finally turned on and started charging. i restored it right away and then brought it to apple since it was still under warranty and they replaced it :D

3. 7thcolumn thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont think that will work, iv left in plugged in for a while now, albeit i turn my comp of and on frequently. can you give me more details as to how yours stopped charging?

4. johnnyringo77 macrumors newbie

Hey folks,
    I have just done the exact same thing and my ipod has frozen....won't do anything..

Does anyone know how to remedy this please?