Jailbroken ipod touch 2g keep turning off?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chadejah, Aug 31, 2011.

1. chadejah macrumors newbie

if i do anything with my jailbroken (greenp0isn) ipod touch 2g 4.2.1 and then make it sleep it would cutoff and the only way to make it come back on is to hold the home && sleep buttons. but this happens every time and it get annoying.

anyone had this same problem.?
    how did u fix it.?

i sorry if this is already a topic

2. DragonJade macrumors 6502

Try a restore and see if that helps. If not, you're probably in the same boat as a lot of people with 2G iPod Touches with the hardware failing.

3. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

try to restore it like DragonJade said.If you still have the same problem then your iPod touch has a problem

4. DragonJade macrumors 6502

If it doesn't work, it may be time to buy a new iPod. I would recommend taking it to the Apple store and see what they say. The more people that take their busted 2G iPods into Apple the better. Apple will see that there's a high number of problems with the 2G, and maybe, perhaps, they'll find something inherently wrong with it, and everyone gets a free replacement! :D

5. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Seriously?

Did you even take the time to think about what you wrote?

6. DragonJade macrumors 6502

Yes. If the problem is well documented, Apple will investigate. But they won't know if the problem exists if people don't take them into the store and complain. How do you think Apple find out about all the other problems - batteries, screen flicker, etc.?

7. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

The warranty of all ipod touch 2g already expired. The manufacturer(Apple) only backs up their porduct for a certain amount of time( 1 year). At this point Apple has no interest for furthering ipod touch 2g's lifespan(hence the fact that firmware updates even ended at 4.2)

After all this you think Apple would try and fix the problems of a device that came out 4 years ago AND provide people with a replacement?

WOW....

8. DragonJade macrumors 6502

I don't know where you are, but under European law, if a product is sold with an inherent fault, the manufacturer must replace it, regardless of whether it is in or out of warranty. And Apple have been known to voluntarily replace parts (outside of Europe) which they know there have been faults with, well past the 1 year warranty - such as batteries and hard disks.

9. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

USA

All discussion is moot then.

10. chadejah, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011

chadejah thread starter macrumors newbie

11. chadejah thread starter macrumors newbie

i restored the ipod but it only worked untill it goes to sleep then it goes black.

i have restore my previous ipod touch before and these are some thing that never happen while restoring those ipods that happen with this ipod.

the little bar that loads while you restore goes slower than the one on the computer.
    after itunes say its done the ipod still be loading.
    i still get the recovery screen but with the battery and i took a picture by holding the hold & power buttons then after i noticed that i could do that i moved my finger across the screen like i was unlocking it and it unlock and looked normal then i press the sleep button and it never came back on.