Jailbroken iPod Touch-can't delete app from Cydia

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bobfitz14, Jan 10, 2009.

1. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

Basically before I did a lot of visual changes through Cydia and Winterbaord I downloaded Mobilemicplayer, which gave me the iPod icon that the iPhone has. Well now I have Categories and I'm trying to get rid of the mobilemusicplayer thing, and at the moment I have the separate Videos and Music icons on my homescreen but Categories doesn't recognize this, just the Mobilemusic thing. there's no video or music icons when I use it through Categories, just the one icon for the iPod, and i can't get to my videos through this anymore.

Basically I want to get rid of this mobilemusicplayer thing completely so I can have separate Music and Video icons in Categories. Help me!!!

Sorry for any typos or any statements that are confusing because I'm on my touch and don't have the patience to reread this and edit it, I'll do it tomorrow morning.

Thanks In advance.

2. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

anyone??? usually people are good at giving advice here. come on:confused:

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If you want to go the easy road, I would just do a restore and then rejailbreak your iPod.

4. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

is there a way to un-jailbreak it without doing a Restore through iTunes? i did a restore last month for a different problem and i'd prefer not to lose some stuff two times within a month.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Nope a restore is the only way to un-jailbreak it. You should make sure that that app that you are trying get rid of is deleted from cydia, and then download aptbackup from cydia and "backup" your apps. Then before you do a restore in itunes make sure to sync/backup your ipod. Then once your ipod is re-jailbroken you download aptbackup again and click the restore button. It will re-install all of your apps/packages that you had downloaded through cydia. It is easier than re-installing everything by hand.

6. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

alright so i just checked and the App i want gone is gone according to Cydia, so now all i do is download AptBackup, then sync my Touch to iTunes, restore it, and then jailbreak it and re-download AptBackup and everything is back??

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Wirelessly posted (Jeff's iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Yes. Just make sure to click backup in the aptbackup app before you sync it. And everything will redownload. You will have to re apply themes and settings but it is better than nothing.

8. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

yep i've clicked backup and now my Touch is being Restored. i figure it will take at least 6 hours to re-download everything because it took that long last month when i Restored.

i'll be sure to check in when the Restore is done to let you (MR peeeps) know if it was a successful journey! haha. bye.

9. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

FAIL. what a waste, i restored my Touch, re-downloaded AptBackup, Restored through AptBackup. and my JB apps are back, but they don't work. no matter what i do in Winterboard, no changes appear. i re-downloaded some stuff i had in Cydia, and they still don't work. errrmm....i'd rather have just Jailbroken again and redownloaded everything myself, because i don't know what to do now.

10. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

in the process of Restoring through iTunes again. i am not using AptBackup this time. i'm gonna start from scratch.