Jailbroken Ipod Touch. Want to unbreak it.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HelpThem, Mar 26, 2009.

1. HelpThem macrumors newbie

I'm really not sure if it's possible to do, but i really want my Ipod Touch to become UnJailbroken. I'm pretty sure its Impossible, but i still want to know for sure

The story is, my friend was telling me how i could get all these free apps on my Touch. So, i said sure and he Jailbroke my Ipod and I just want it to be undone. I don't feel safe since, for some reason, my computer reads my Ipod as "Daven's touch" (my friends name is Daven). I'm afraid to download any music via Itunes, for i am afraid that it will save incorrectly or something like that.

Please Help!!!

2. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

You can rename the iPod at any time in iTunes. Also, jailbreaking won't cause you issues with the iTMS.

However, if you want to go back, then you have to restore the iPod using iTunes. That'll un-jailbreak it.

3. Dino451 macrumors 6502

go into itunes and change the name. its easy. jail breaking should not change the way the itunes store works.

4. ZOMG macrumors newbie

If I were you I wouldn't unjailbreak it why would you want to? It doesn't Affect your music.

5. Surely Guest

Surely

If you really want to unjailbreak it, just do a Restore. Connect your iPod, and select 'Restore'. Simple as that.

Or you can just change the name of your iPod to one of your choosing.

Either way.

6. macuser154 macrumors 6502

The reason it says that is because your friend named it "Daven's Touch" after he jailbroken it. You can simply rename it in iTunes by clicking the name, then entering your own name. If you do want to unjailbreak it, just plug it into iTunes and click "Restore".

7. HelpThem thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone for the help. But i did forget to mention one thing. When he gave me back my Touch, it was HIS touch that i got back. (we both have the same kind with the exception of mine having a volume adjuster on the side) Unknowingly, i tried to charge HIS ipod with on my computer. i got my Touch back the next day after telling him that the one he had was mine and i had his. When i got mine back, i plugged it into my computer and then it read it as Daven's Ipod and it still has. Should i still try to restore?

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

So your friend had your Touch, thought it was his, and must have renamed it "Daven's iPod." Just rename it back to what you had before, and you'll be fine.

BTW, you don't have the same "kind" -- the one with the volume adjuster is the second gen, and the one without is the first gen, and those are the only two kinds of Touches in existence.

9. wardev macrumors regular

O really? Then why do I have an ipod touch with a camera?;)

10. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

An iPod touch with a camera? Are you serious?

11. Surely Guest

Surely

No, he is clearly not serious. He put a ;) after his comment, and an iPod Touch with a camera does not exist yet.

Newbies don't know that it's not nice to lie here.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, that was the thing. I couldn't tell if it was a newbie who's confused (maybe he has an iPhone and thinks it's a Touch), or a newbie who was trying to make an ill-considered joke.

13. HelpThem thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay well i restored my ipod touch but im in a really big problem now.

When i restored it, my Itunes gave me the following things:

An Ipod has been previously synced with this computer.

Set up as a new Ipod?
    or
    Restore from the backup of: Daven's Ipod Touch or
    Daven's Touch

I'm really confuzed!! i had synced up my Ipod b4 under MY name b4 i got it jailbroken and idk why its doing this. Should i Set up as a new Ipod? b/c i tried changing the name b4 i restored it and that didn't work either. What should i do??

14. Surely Guest

Surely

*sigh*

Select this option: Restore from the backup of: Daven's Ipod Touch or Daven's Touch

Then, after the restore, double-click on the name of your iPod that you can see on the LEFT SIDEBAR of iTunes. After you double-click it, it should highlight, and then you can type in any old name you want.