Jailbroken Ipod Touch won't boot properly

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by remote741, Sep 15, 2011.

1. remote741 macrumors newbie

Hello, So about a month ago iTunes stopped recognizing my iPod Touch 4G 64GB. My computer wouldent recognize it ether. (I'm running Windows 7 64-bit) I jailbroke my iPod with GreenPois0n about 6 months ago when I was using iOS 4.2.1 and I never upgraded from that iOS since. Anyway, After trying multiple things I gave up and decided my only choice was to run a factory reset from the iPod itself. After running the factory reset, I tryed to boot it up. It booted past the apple logo, changed to the jailbreak logo and then crashed and attempted to reboot. and it just does that over and over. I've tryed loading DFU mode, but it doesnt work. the best I've been able to do is load it to the mode where it says to connect to iTunes and then I'll plug it in but when I do iTunes doesnt recognize that there is a device connected and Windows says that a corrupt device has failed to connect. I can't take it to an apple professional because when they boot it up they'll see the GreenPois0n logo. Is there anything else I can do??

2. Skyhigh223 macrumors regular

Keep trying with DFU mode.

Why can't you get into it?

3. remote741, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011

remote741 thread starter macrumors newbie

Get into what? DFU mode? I'm not sure. I tryed a tethered boot with Redsn0w, And of course the 1st thing you have to do is boot into DFU mode. I followed the steps Exactly and I tryed it multiple times but it didnt work. I'll try it again. Come to think of it windows might be blocking the connection between my iPod and any programs that try to reach it because it has identified the device as "Corrupt". Hmm.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nope it still doesnt work. When I try to load DFU it just crashes.