Jailbroken iPod Won't Upgrade App Store Apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by maclovin', Sep 23, 2008.

1. maclovin' macrumors regular

maclovin'

Just as the title says, I recently jailbroke my 1st gen iPod Touch using Quickpwn for mac. Since then, any updates to apps I have downloaded through the app store will not install on my iPod. I had a similar problem before I jailbroke(on 2.0), but it was fixed when I updated my iPod firmware to 2.1. Is this common, or should updating work?

2. maclovin' thread starter macrumors regular

maclovin'

Questions? Comments? Concerns?? Anybody have anything to say about it? 106 views, and not a single response to even say I don't have a clue.

3. spyder52 macrumors member

Cracked App wont update for me. Have not tried non cracked. i just download a updated .ipa file

4. maclovin' thread starter macrumors regular

maclovin'

Ya, I'm talking about apps downloaded legally from the App store. They won't update in iTunes.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

They wont update it itunes itself? That sounds like an itunes problem to me, seeing as you can upgrade the app IN itunes and THEN move it to the ipod, it sounds much more like an itunes problem having nothing to do with your ipod.

6. maclovin' thread starter macrumors regular

maclovin'

No...sorry, I worded that wrong. They update in iTunes, but then won't sync the updated version through iTunes to my iPod. The older version, however, stays on my iPod.

7. GT41 macrumors regular

I don't know exactly your problem as it doesn't quite explain what you tried and didn't try. For me, app downloaded from the store will upgrade if I click on the "check for updates" tab. Once downloaded I click on the iPod in the sidebar and the go to the applications tab, make sure they are all selected and click on sync. I didn't think I should have to do this, but once I do, it seems to work every time. :)

Good luck.

8. maclovin' thread starter macrumors regular

maclovin'

Thanks for the response....I tried to do it exactly as you wrote down, but I still got the the same problem. Below is the window that pops up in iTunes, and the three error messages. The exact error code is 0xE00002E. A quick Google search for the error code turns up a lot of questions, but no solid answers. I'm just hoping that someone here has one.

Attached Files:

9. klax89 macrumors newbie

10. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Have you tried the mobileinstallationframework patch yet? Super easy to do these days, you don't even have to SSH like we used to :)

From Cydia, search for and install the patch-should resolve the problems.

NOTE: SOME APP STORE APPS require 2.2-constitution for iphone/ipod being one of them-worked fine for a long time then just quit. When I finally got around to jb 2.2, it reinstalled and started working again...

11. Dr0d macrumors newbie

Mobile patch

I have this same problem and can't upgrade 2.2 apps, where do I get the mobile patch? I searched cydia but couldn't find it

12. incubes12 macrumors newbie

It's called mipatch I believe. I just dl'd it because I had the same issue.

Now it works great! Thanks Enigma.

13. ElectricMan5 macrumors regular

This happened to me, and what I did is I installed the MobileInstallation patch from Steffwiz on Cydia, and the problem went away.