Jailbroken Or Not ???(IPAD 2)

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Pjon, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Pjon macrumors newbie

Hello ipad lovers,

I am planing on getting my first IPAD 2. But I am not sure to get a JB or a New from the store. I want to download free apps like movies, games, and all the great torrent files out there haha.....

I read and watch alot about ipad2's that download WITHOUT a jailbreak. But not sure if they really work. And I also want to watch flash videos without the slow apps they have on itunes (Ipad + flash is a no no but maybe a Jb is the yes yes ) :)

Any Suggestions Feedbacks Negtive reactions are welcome :D

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

3. Pjon thread starter macrumors newbie

:( how about download torrents better on jb or non-jb ?

4. anthdci macrumors 6502

pretty much a no go for either. Forum rules say you cant discuss piracy on here.

5. James Cole macrumors 6502

You are most likely getting a 3.3.5 so theres no way it can be JB... am I right guys?

6. danielowenuk macrumors 6502

Assuming you mean 4.3.5, then no chance.

7. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

4.3.5 can be tethered jailbroken..

8. ElysiumY2K macrumors member

ElysiumY2K

I think your thinking of iPad 1 dude. Only 4.3.3 can be jail broken on iPad 2 right now.

9. Cmscritic macrumors newbie

Torrent + piracy = no

That's a foolish thing to say. Just because YOU use torrent for piracy doesn't mean torrents = piracy.

There are plenty of legitimate ones.

10. Pjon thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for clearing that up for me Cmscritic :)

----------

Yes only 4.3.3 can be jailbroken Right now for the Ipad 2 but I hope in couple of days, weeks or months the IOS5 can be jailbroken for the Ipad 2 :D

11. Pjon thread starter macrumors newbie

I decided to get and new ipad 2 from the store and when I turn it on and check the firmware version GUESS WHAT ? 4.3.3 yahoooo!!!!!!!!!:D hope I can still jailbreak if not its cool hahah

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

---

---

It is context. The discussion of torrent's in the context outlined by the OP is for the procurement of illicit free software.

There are no 'legitimate' applications which need to be torrented on the iPad.

Official Cydia applications can be bought / procured directly from Cydia, and likewise Free App's are also available on iTunes App Store.

13. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

You can still jailbreak! Congrats! :) I got lucky as well and my iPad had 4.3.3 when I got it two weeks ago! :)

14. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

My iPad 2 is jailbroken, and I have a few Cydia applications on it.

The main reason I jail broke the iPad 2 was to try MyWi on Demand.

It works fine, but it's of limited usefulness to me, personally.

Although I remained jailbroken, there are fewer and fewer reasons (it seems to me, anyway) to jailbreak the iPad.

That's just one dumb old man's opinion, of course.

I've even caught myself thinking I'll un-jailbreak my iPhone. The one thing that stops me is that I'm sort of in the public eye and my phone number has been released before. I make good use of iBlacklist.

To do the same thing with an un-jailbroken iPhone is impossible.

----------

Now that I've thought of it, I have to say that I still do not understand why the iPhone cannot restricts itself to receiving calls from known numbers.

We have to jailbreak to get a functionality that Motorola has had as far back as the original Razr, at least.