Jailbroken os4 no wifi

applefool

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Two Three G's Jailbroken on 0S4.0. Neither one is picking up wifi. Anyone know why? They were downgraded from 4.0.1

applefool

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
i have reset network multiple times. please help asap if you can. thank you.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
i have reset network multiple times. please help asap if you can. thank you.
There seem to be lots of people with this experience on the 3G and there are a few threads on it if you search. I don't think there is a good solution but have seen some suggestions to put it in airplane mode and then back to normal also seen suggestions to reboot the router. Most did not seem to get a solution.

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
I have a similar issue. 3GS on 4.0 JB via pwnage. It worked great until I installed mywi. It will see the router, one at home, one at work. At first it wouldn't connect at all. Tried forgetting the networks and that didn't help. Long story short, I finally got it to connect by putting it in airplane mode, waiting for it to connect than disabling airplane mode. After that I kept having to go into settings and manually select the router. Not a big deal. Well, if I put it to sleep it wouldn't rejoin. Now, out of nowhere, it decides to auto join. For the record, the work one never gave me any issues.

krayziekray

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2008
I have a similar issue. 3GS on 4.0 JB via pwnage. It worked great until I installed mywi. It will see the router, one at home, one at work. At first it wouldn't connect at all. Tried forgetting the networks and that didn't help. Long story short, I finally got it to connect by putting it in airplane mode, waiting for it to connect than disabling airplane mode. After that I kept having to go into settings and manually select the router. Not a big deal. Well, if I put it to sleep it wouldn't rejoin. Now, out of nowhere, it decides to auto join. For the record, the work one never gave me any issues.
On my 3G, I can't even see the networks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.