Jailbroken phone, Apple ID disabled.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Magrathea, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Magrathea macrumors regular

Finally switched over to T-Mobile from AT&T today (Not going to pay $100pm for dropped calls and 80s data dial-up speeds). Phone appears to work fine but after downloading a few apps from the App Store I get a message about "apple id disabled for security reasons"? Tried doing a reset of Apple ID password on their website but nuffin!

Is this a new scheme they have for unlockers. Some folks reported that using a new ID helped but what about all my apps, updating them would be a pain as i'd have to switch back. Bugger you Apple and double bugger you SJ!!

2. Magrathea thread starter macrumors regular

nope

Like I said I have tried to do a reset as the article suggested. Weird as it allows me to install new apps, just not update 1password.

3. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Do you use mobileme? Otherwise the only thing left to do is try to contact Apple about it as it's a serverside block

4. Magrathea thread starter macrumors regular

No mobile me

Don't use mobile me. Contact them and say my unlocked iPhone is not working :) hmmmm

5. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

They're not aware of what network you are using, it's got nothing to do with it. You're requesting the download from their servers with your Apple ID and the server is returning that message. You'll need to ask them why.

6. Magrathea thread starter macrumors regular

But I'm on wifi, don't have data anymore :( T-mobile.

7. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

This hasn't got anything to do with what network you're on or whether you're using 3G or wifi. Have you tried downloading the update in iTunes?