jailbroken phone/regular restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bevo, Aug 12, 2008.

1. bevo macrumors regular

So I tried to jailbreak my phone and messed up. I ended up restoring my old firmware. I noticed then that after I restored my phone and rebooted, itunes asked me to restore my phone again even though it had already.

2nd time around I finally chose the jb firmware, did a restore like the first time. The phone rebooted and now itunes just wants to restore my phone again.

ANything I can do?

2. DN7335 macrumors 6502

Yes there's lots you can do, depends on if you want a jailbroken phone or not. You didn't give any details as to how you "messed up" so its hard to tell you what you did wrong.

If you want a jailbroken phone, I would suggest starting over and following the jailbreaking guide here step by step.

If you just want to restore official firmware, make sure you have the latest version downloaded. Load iTunes, connect phone to computer. Turn off the phone then place it into DFU mode (there is a link in the above guide to explain exactly how to do this). Once you enter DFU mode, iTunes will recognize the phone and tell you it needs to be restored. Shift click on the Restore button and browse to your official firmware file, then let iTunes restore it. When its finished you should be back to factory, and now you can either restore from a backup (not the same as restoring the firmware) or set the phone up as new.